|Being repositioned this afternoon; those are Gavin's hands. She's a feisty little one! She has the cutest little squeak cry.|
She forgave him when he settled her comfortably back into her little cocoon.
Friday, August 17, 2012
Marcie needs broviac surgery
After watching/hearing Marcie Jane get stuck over and over again yesterday and today while we were at the NICU, and hearing the nurses and nurse practitioners say that the veins they were hoping to use were already blown, I am more than ready for this news.
Please pray for our little girl, who has really been tough - she mostly just sucks harder on her pacifier or squeaks a few times. She will be undergoing general anesthesia and surgery either tonight or first thing in the morning. This broviac will provide the access to her superior vena cava (?) she needs to receive the remainder of her medications and IV nutrition painlessly. (She's receiving about half the the milk she needs for her size; they have to work up gradually on her feeds as her tummy is so very tiny.) Dr. Burgess says it's time. Her veins just don't look good, and it's only a matter of time until the latest IV also starts leaking. PLEASE PRAY it stays until she has received her medication to close the ductus arteriosis! We will know tomorrow night or Sunday morning if her ductus has closed or not.
She is so skinny (the 2nd smallest baby, behind Grace) it's amazing they were able to get the IVs into her as long as they were. All her limbs have been attempted for PICC lines but just don't allow the catheter to proceed to the right location.
Thank you for your prayers for the surgeon and all the staff responsible for the surgery. We pray God's continued mercy and protection over Marcie, that she would be comfortable through this whole thing, that the anesthesiologist would give her exactly the amount of general anesthesia and pain medication she will need, and that the surgery will go flawlessly.
I am certainly at peace about this; Gavin doesn't even know about it yet but I know he will agree. We are SO grateful for the amazing care she has been receiving and know it will continue. I am also grateful to know that this is no surprise to God. He does all things well, and we thank Him for his mercy over each baby and us all during this time.
In His grip, along with Marcie Jane, Grace, Seth, David, Will, and Isaac,
Carrie for Gavin, too
- ► 2015 (95)
- ► 2014 (249)
- ► 2013 (318)
- Seth update and Gracie's surgery
- Wednesday night: Seth
- Midnight devotional
- Quick Wednesday morning update
- Little gray Gracie; update on Seth
- Day by day and with each passing moment . . .
- Brief, sobering news
- Psalm 139:4
- Carrie at 30 Weeks
- Seth's lungs; new baby pictures
- At Your Feet
- Calling all volunteers!!
- Friday night short report
- Feisty little Seth
- Wed. night update on Seth and all
- Praises! Please keep praying :)
- Seth - praise and continued prayer
- PLEASE PRAY for Seth! Plus new weights.
- Marcie and grandparents
- PICC unsuccessful, surgery this a.m.
- Attempting PICC line instead
- Surgery scheduled for 7 am
- P.S. on Marcie; new pics
- Marcie needs broviac surgery
- All clear!
- Isaac, brain scans (Thursday the 19th)
- Brain scans - please pray!; praise x 3
- Very brief update, Tues. night, Aug. 14
- Video of today's press conference
- I love this article and its pictures!! Plus baby P...
- Precise gestation length
- Evening update, Sunday
- Many praises; a few more requests
- Please pray for Seth, especially.
- Saturday morning report
- Quick Quint Update
- How to help
- Good news!
- Anybody ready for some news?
- She's in labor . . . they're on the way
- Things are happening . . .
- Weights of babies at 27.5 weeks
- Today is a GOOD day!
- NICU last night, labwork tomorrow
- 27 Weeks today!
- Blood work
- Today's Prayer
- A good sleep!
- Afternoon request
- Carrie's itching like crazy!
- ▼ August (53)