Monday, October 8, 2012
Volunteer and gifts Q&A
In response to my recent post on needing volunteers, I have received several questions similar in nature and thought it would be helpful to share with everyone.
Q: I am unable to care for the babies or don’t live near Dallas, so what else can I do to help?
A: There will be plenty of opportunities to provide meals for the family and the volunteers. Additionally gift cards would be appreciated (amazon.com, crocs.com and Visa gift cards) to help with purchases of diapers and other baby needs. Other gift cards that would be used are gas cards and restaurants as they make daily trips to the NICU. If you would prefer to buy a gift and mail it to them, the address is: Gavin & Carrie Jones, PO Box 382479, Duncanville, TX 75138-2479. Please include a gift receipt in case they receive an abundance of one size of diapers, they could then exchange them for a different size.
Q: Can a volunteer shift be split with someone (either the 5 hour day slot or the 8 hour overnight shift is too long)?
A: Short answer is most likely yes – it will honestly depend on how many volunteers we have sign up. If we are short on volunteers, then we will definitely need to split up the shifts. So if you have interest in helping but the time slots are an issue, please email me and I will see if I can work something out.
- More on Seth
- Specifically about Seth
- Happy days!
- Pictures of the boys
- Quick update before bed
- PRAISE! And PRAY, please!
- And then there were 4!
- Steroids needed
- Whew! What a relief!
- SOS for Seth
- Super quick update and prayer requests, praises
- Slide show of the Quints; news
- Critical period
- Homecoming delayed
- Pictures Thursday Oct 11th
- Seth struggling more today
- Brochopulmonary dysplasia (BPD)
- Oooops Again. And a baby's coming home?!
- back up on vent settings :(
- joyful days
- Two months old!
- Volunteer and gifts Q&A
- THANK YOU!
- Saturday night Oct 6
- Two more pix of Gracie
- Volunteers needed!
- Update/Pictures Friday Oct 5th
- Seth: surfactant deficiency mutation
- Not much news, but our babies are cute!
- Prayer time for Seth today
- pulmonary hypertension, PDA, infection and eye exa...
- ▼ October (34)